Your Source for GD&T Training and Materials
GD&T for Plastics
The dimensioning and tolerancing of molded parts offers special challenges. The national standard on geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, ASME Y14.5M-1994 provides the solutions if you know where to look. This intense 2 day seminar will guide you through the current Standard to discover how best to make GD&T work for you on your plastic parts.
Numerous examples of fully dimensioned and toleranced plastic parts will be included. Participants are encouraged to bring their specific parts and drawings for classroom and workshop discussion. Suggestions to customize the course to specific participant needs will be entertained.
- Establishing datums for parts with draft
- Restraint notes
- How to address:
- Wall thickness, draft, ejector pins, flash, gates
- Minimally dimensioned drawings
- Tolerancing the CAD model
- General notes
- Customizing is available
- We prefer working with your prints when possible
- Free phone, FAX or email consultation is available following the course
- All courses are taught in accordance with the American National
Standards unless requested otherwise